WAP Privacy Notice | 2022-03-18
This is a Privacy Notice of WAP Holding Örebro AB and its subsidiary companies, hereinafter referred to as "WAP".
The registered office of WAP Holding Örebro AB is:
702 27 Örebro
This privacy notice is directed to members of WAP, i.e., players who have scheduled sessions for padel and other activities at WAP centers.
WAP takes the privacy of your information and how it is used seriously and continuously makes efforts to use your personal data in accord with applicable data protection laws and with this notice. This notice describes how we aim to repay the trust you have shown by sharing your personal data with us.
Definitions and Principles
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Controller and Processor
A Data Controller is the individual or legal person, or entity who is responsible to keep and use personal data. For all processing of personal data that is necessary to provide our services to you, WAP is the controller of personal data, unless otherwise stated.
All processing of personal data that WAP performs is supported by a legal basis, as defined in Article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of the following must be fulfilled whenever personal data is to be processed:
- a) You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- b) Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at the request of yourself prior to entering into a contract
- c) Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which WAP is subject
- d) Processing is necessary in order to protect your or another natural person’s vital interests
- e) Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- f) Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the WAP or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Your personal data is only stored for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes of the processing, or as long as we have to store them according to law. Then your data is securely deleted or deidentified.
Safeguarding Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and that is why we make efforts towards security and privacy. We take measures to protect your data in accordance with the Data Protection Ordinance as well as established guidelines for information security. This means that we protect your data with both technical solutions, such as encryption of information, and organizational routines and rules, such as authorization management, adapted to the nature of personal data processing.
You have the right to be given information when your personal data is processed. Information about the personal data processing is to be given by the controller both when the data is collected and when the data subject otherwise so requests. There are also certain other occasions when information is to be provided to the data subject, for example if the controller suffers a data intrusion or similar (a personal data breach) and there is a risk of, for example, identity theft or fraud.
The information shall be provided to you free of charge in easily accessible, written form (which may be in electronic form) and be worded in clear, simple language. The General Data Protection Regulation states in detail what information is to be provided. Information is among other things to be provided of the controller's contact details, the lawful basis for the processing and the purpose of the processing.
Beyond this, you may in certain situations be able to exercise the following rights:
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure or right to be forgotten
- The right to restriction of processing.
- The right to be informed.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
For more information on what these rights entail, consult your Data Privacy Authority. To exercise these rights, contact us via letter or email.
Personal data WAP Collects and Processes
Your personal data may be provided directly by yourself (or other person providing personal data on your behalf). It may be provided directly to us, to our subsidiaries or to third parties, such as e.g., booking services.
WAP only shares your information with the suppliers and partners we use to provide our services to you.
WAP may disclose personal data to government authorities, when this is legally required, or to law enforcement, if it is required to prevent or investigate suspected crimes. Data may also be shared when it is necessary for WAP to exercise its rights, such as in insurance matters.
Processing Personal Data of WAP Members
When you schedule and pay for padel sessions using our own, affiliated or third-party applications or services, WAP may process your name, email, gender, payment information, activity data and history.
When you play padel at our facilities WAP may process booking information, name, email photographs and audio and video recordings of padel sessions.
Individual WAP facilities may engage in recording CCTV with the purpose of security and crime prevention and investigation. This is subject to individual notices at individual WAP facilities.
Individual WAP facilities may engage in recording of padel sessions with the purpose to make these recordings available to players on demand.
We will process any of your personal data for the following reasons:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to improve our services
- for administrative purposes
- to assess enquiries
- to provide you with information about us and our services. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive further information about us and our services, contact us at via letter or email.
- to, in other aspects not captured above, comply with the applicable laws and regulations
Changes to this notice
This notice was last updated on 2022-03-18.
To contact WAP in matters regarding privacy use:
Complaints can be directed to WAP, or to your national Data Privacy Authority.